Mabius connects investors with the most promising early-stage startups in food, beverage and biotechnology. Since 2015 we are supporting Russian startup ecosystem in food industry connecting startups with corporates and VCs, accelerating startup growth participating in our accelerator programs. Join a community of VCs, investing in qualified deal flow.
We have a proved scouting and screening process with half of qualified startups growing 5-20 times over the next 3 years.
Of the hundreds of projects that we have analyzed, we select for you only the most promising ones. Our assessment framework includes team assessment, product diagnostics, and operations performance analysis.
AND DEAL CLOSING
We help investors and start-ups come to fair terms of the deal. So that founders stay motivated and the deal provides high expected return for the investor.
We use deals data and deep startup analysis to find strong arguments, and close profitable deals.
SUPPORT, DEVELOPMENT, CONTROL
Mabius is a team of food industry experts. We help startups focus their efforts and resources on what is most important. Early-stage startups participate in our accelerator programs, later-stage startups benefit from access to our network of experts and startup community. We support fruitful interactions between founders and investors at Board Meetings.
VENTURE INVESTMENTS IN FOOD AND BIOTECH STARTS
- Exponential revenue growth via large retail chains distribution
- Low risk: in comparison with IT industry food companies start to generate revenue within a few months after incorporation and break-even within 1-2 years
- Scalability: global food market exceeds $11 trillion
- Ready for disruption: the market share of large food companies in developed markets has been declining for more than 5 years. Digital communications, new patterns of consumption, production and sales are dramatically changing the market.
- Venture profitability and valuations: Beyond Meat NASDAQ valuation is 20x to revenue
- Exiting investments: large food and beverage companies are increasingly turning to mergers and acquisitions as a way to keep pace with consumer demands.
OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY
Healthy Products 2.0
No more compromises: new companies harmonize taste, nutrition and affordability in food and beverage, providing real value to wide consumer audience.
Plant based products create new opportunities for health, longevity, sustainability, providing an affordable balanced diet to the growing population of the Earth.
Microorganisms are able to radically change the functional and organoleptic properties of products and ingredients, creating new opportunities in B2C and B2B
A new look at the category
Some food and beverage categories are stuck in the past. We look for startups which reimagine existing categories or create new ones, sourcing revenue from incumbents.
New business models
Existing sales and communication channels are crammed. What if new technologies have already created new ways to promote, sell and deliver products and first-movers can capitalize on it?
And much more…
Being focused on food, beverage and biotech we are aware of new developments and emerging trends so we do not miss new opportunities
screened for investment
participated in our accelerators
on later stages
growth over three years for more than half of screened startups